Hässleholm, just like many other municipalities, needs to regulate parameters such as the pressure with several pumps.
The following specifications apply:
- The pressure must be kept stable.
- When another pump needs to be started, this must be done optimally.
- When demand drops, pump must be stopped in order to optimise the energy consumption.
- The pumps are run alternately.
- The system goes automatically to standby mode in response to zero demand.
- The pumps can be stopped manually for servicing, and the system adapts itself automatically.
Simple and effective problem solution
"As we had extensive experience with CG’s products and saw that both its products and services were of a very high standard, we choosed CG Drives & Automation as our supplier” says Christer Nilsson of Hässleholms Vatten.
Anders Robertsson, CG Drives & Automation, &
Christer Nilsson, Hässleholms Vatten
The solution with a master to control the existing frequency inverters is a proven solution that has been used for several years in the purification plant.
When the waterworks and the booster stations were recently upgraded, we decided to continue using CG’s solution.
Emotron Master controls three FDU 2.0 frequency inverters
Win-win for customer and supplier
For the municipality’s residents in Hässleholm, i.e. Hässleholm Vatten’s customers, this means a steady pressure in their taps.
For Hässleholms Vatten as a supplier, this means steady pressure and less stress on the pipes. A real ”win-win” situation.
Customer Hässleholms Vatten, Hässleholm, Sweden
The challenge To maintain the pressure in the municipality’s water pipes.
The solution An Emotron smart pump controller as a master for the multi-pump system.
- Steady pressure and less stress on the water pipes
- Reliable operation and constant control
- Cost savings
- Work savings (less maintenance)
- Flexible solution – an Emotron master unit can be used to control any make of frequency inverters